NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Entering the home stretch!

I've been pretty lazy about updating this blog... but then again, nobody really knows about it either (yet). However, I am, now, starting to get really excited about the baby, and our apartment is slowly looking more and more like it is getting ready to welcome a new human being, so it'll be fun to update.

In the next week, I'll be getting another ultrasound, and on Saturday Al and I are going to go get a 3d/4d ultrasound done, so I should have a lot of fun pictures to update with.

The last few weeks, we've been keeping pretty busy with moving things around in our tiny apartment to make room for a crib and other major purchases.

Here is the crib, courtesy of Al's parents (thanks!):



The bedding is from dwellbaby. It has a lot of cute, modern patterns, and I was devastated to find out that their stuff was so freakin expensive. And this is where persistence counts - after a lot of research and a couple of phone calls, I found out that they hold bi-annual sample sales, and their 2007 fall one was this past week! After battling a lot of scary moms using their strollers as weapons, I came out victorious with crib bedding and a lot of other goodies (stroller blankets, towels, burp sets) at 60-80% off!

We also splurged on some wall art. Its called "Jelly Bean Tree":


Doesn't the picture make you feel all happy, warm and all fuzzy inside?

And finally, here are some picturees of the stroller, courtesy of my parents:

Its a Bugaboo Frog, and I'm totally tempted to monogram the fabric or something, but Al's convinced me not to.

Here is the stroller frame with the carseat attached to it:


Anyhow, I just wanted to show off all the great gifts that Alf was getting and brag a little bit for her. I've officially entered the third trimester as of yesterday, so there really isn't that much time left till she makes her appearance. I was joking with Al, how the one year Cal has a great chance of either going to the Rose Bowl or NC (although we have a long road ahead of us), it is the one year we really can't go. Alf's due date is January 5th, so there really is a big chance that her birthday might coincide with one of the two BCS bowls. Oh well. If anything, perhaps she'll be a good luck charm?

6 comments:

justinhong said...

haha she's been good luck so far :D

shiny chen said...

hello sophie!!!! your baby stuff is so cute. i am a very very big fan of babies (my sister was born when i was 12 so i got to play with her a lot!). i can't believe you're in your 3rd trimester already. =)

Amy said...

i'm so excited for you sophieeeee and albert :) and hopefully ill cya january

Unknown said...

sophie!! Man, im so happy for you and the lil one! keep us posted with cute pictures of the last stretch! and hang in there, girl!

Annie said...

sophie!!! :) i love the blog! read it straight through. yes, PLEASE keep us updated!!! its fabulous hearing about it :)

cant wait :)

Annie said...

(that was annie, btw)