NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 15, 2008

Izzie.. the Self-Feeder?

It is amazing how many things that you previously thought were natural instincts are actual things that babies have to learn how to do. For example, you will all remember that it was quite a challenge getting Izzie to feed from a bottle. It was an arduous process that took several weeks - but now, I'm happy to say that she can switch back and forth from the boob and the bottle with no problem. Last week, Al was feeding her a bottle, when Izzie started to grab it herself:



I came home and was super excited to see the video of her holding her own bottle. I've been giving her a sippy cup with water at mealtimes, but she would suck a little bit of it, and then just start to play with her cup. I wanted to see what would happen if I put milk in the cup - and she was drinking away like a pro! She still has a long way to go before she is good at it, and I'm not keen on how much milk it wastes (since she's not strong enough to tilt the cup back, I need to put in a lot of milk). Hopefully though, her transition to sippy cups will be very smooth, and in a few months, we'll be able to say that we are bottle free!



And a bonus video....No hands - this girl knows how to multi-task!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW ENDEARING!!! She is so adorable :) And that last video of "no hands"?? What a pro! Ahahaha

Anonymous said...

Yay Izzie!! It's funny, Carter had no interest in drinking water from a sippy cup. I tried it with milk one day (at roughly the same age Izzie is now), and he finally "got" it. It IS a big waste of milk, but a great transition to the cup. Love the rainforest bouncer too!

Anonymous said...

food coma claims another victim :(