NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pasta Makin'

Soph and I have been wanting to purchase a pasta machine for awhile, and finally, a couple weeks ago, we took the plunge while casually browsing the store at Williams and Sonoma. We figured that the long weekend was the perfect opportunity to try out our newest toy - and we have to say, it was a success!

Here is our well with the eggs. The well totally fell apart. Not to self: next time, make bigger well.


Sophie dutifully rolling the dough:


All of our pasta sheets ready to go:


Fettucine!


And our finished product.... Fettucine with shitake mushrooms, garlic and arugula.


Izzie was pretty good throughout the whole process. She started on the floor:


Then Soph wore her for a little bit:


And then she entertained herself in the jumperoo:


We had to add the obligatory baby photos - too bad she's not big enough to eat the pasta yet.

1 comment:

Cam and Ollie said...

how fantastic! It looks so good! I think we had the same notion to cook from scratch. I made sujaebee the other day and I think I'm going to do kalgooksu tonight! I can't wait for Izzie's first foray into noodle land!