We are now in the fourth day of the ninth month - only a few more weeks to go! There's not a whole lot going on these days. Doctor visits are more frequent - about once every two weeks, and soon to be weekly. Sophie has one more week of work, and then it's 3+ months of maternity leave. Our fellowship group from church is throwing us a baby shower this week! They are really terrific; I'm really grateful that we were able to find that community here in NYC.
A couple of newsworthy events have occurred since the most recent post:
(1) We will be sticking with our original hospital, Columbia Presbyterian (aka Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital). Maybe this will work out better, since it's actually closer to our apartment than the other hospital.
(2) We've been offered a bigger apartment in our building! One of the Korean couples (3L and his wife) is moving out, and as a married couple expecting a baby, we are at the top of the waiting list. The new apartment will be slightly bigger; more importantly, we think the apartment is more efficiently designed, and the kitchen has much more counter space. Those of you that know us know that kitchen space is very important to us. We'll be moving from the first floor (really the second floor if you include the ground floor) to the fifth floor - not sure how I feel about that yet. I'm going to miss being able to run to the lobby really quickly to pick things up; now I'm at the mercy of the elevator.
(3) Doc says Sophie will probably go early. We don't know whether or not to believe that. We read a lot of stories about people who are projected to go a few weeks early, then just end up walking around for a few weeks without progressing. Ideally, I think we'd like Alf to come at the end of December, sometime between Christmas and New Years. Her paternal grandfather's birthday is December 26th, so maybe she will end up having one around that date.
Since I don't have a normal blog, I might as well throw in a few personal updates as well:
(1) Finals season is upon us; doesn't seem so bad this year. I'm extraordinarily relaxed: good for my mental health, probably not so good for my transcript.
(2) I've accepted a summer job for next year here in the city. The firm I will be working for is Cravath, Swaine & Moore. I'll probably do half a rotation in tax and half a rotation in general corporate practice.
(3) Traditionally, Sophie has always taken care of income tax filings in our household (she's done it all the last three years or so...yes, she did it for me even before we got married). But after taking federal income tax this semester, I've officially be appointed to be in charge of taxes of the household.
This will be our first Christmas in New York! We may even go to Rockefeller Center and do the whole tourist thing. We have a mini Christmas tree, a wreath, and some lights around the apartment. Holiday season is here!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How exciting!!!!! Sophie - you're brave. HAhaa thats all I have to say. Albert - good getting an update from you. Cravath?!?! Congrats!!!! Wow! Thats an awesome firm!!
To you both & baby alf, you're in my prayers :) Hope the two of you are doing splendidly. God bless this holiday season. Love the updates :)
<3 Annie
:D praying for you guys!! i'm still planning on being in the city in late January, so if you guys are up for it, I definitely want to stop by and visit you and soph and lil alphie. wheeee~
Post a Comment