On Sunday, the three of us were enjoying a nice quiet afternoon together. Albert and I were doing our own thing and Izzie was on the floor crawling around, having a blast. All of a sudden, she pushes herself up, looks up and blurts out "Hello!"
That is right - clear as day, "Hello!"
Al and I immediately looked at each other, shocked! She can already say mom and dad, and she has imitated sounds before... but this is the first time she has ever said a word out of nowhere.
At first I thought it was completely random. She babbles a lot, and maybe she just happened to blurt out two discernible syllables. But the more I think of it, I don't think it was that random. We do say "Hello!" to her a lot - and even though we didn't say it to her in that moment, I am now convinced that she remembered the sounds and was repeating it back to us.
Sigh.. she really is growing up. I can't believe in a years time I might be able to carry on a conversation with her - I can't wait! Think about all the things she has to say!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
HELLOOOOOO IZZIE!!!
GASP! Izzie said Hello!!!!!! =)
Hello back, Miss Izzie!!
Post a Comment